Shrimp with brown rice tastes really good. Here is an easy recipe that you can try at home.
This dish is healthy as well.
• 1 cup brown rice
• 1 2/3 cups water
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
• Combine the brown rice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed, for about 25 minutes.
• Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the garlic in the butter and oil until fragrant, for 1 to 2 minutes.
• Pour in the wine and lemon juice; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, stirring regularly, for 5 to 7 minutes.
• Sprinkle the parsley over the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch to the liquid and stir until it thickens, for about 1 minute more. Serve hot over the brown rice.